The project drew heavily on the involvement of other stakeholders from the whole food sector in order to ensure strong results with clear practical relevance. The summary of responses to the Directorate General for Health and Consumers consultation on labelling, states that all the consumer and health NGOs call for mandatory nutrition labelling, whilst there are mixed views in the food and drinks industry (DG SANCO, 2006).
Through the creation of a Stakeholder Advisory Board, the FLABEL consortium ensured that the various views were integrated into the project. In doing so, FLABEL consortium recommendations match the decision-making needs of stakeholders.
FLABEL Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Isabel Ortiz, FoodDrinkEurope, BE/EU
- Marina Valverde López, Eurocommerce (European Representation of Retail, Wholesale and International Trade Sectors), BE/EU
- Mike Rayner, British Heart Foundation, UK
- Alette Addison, Department of Health, UK
- Irene Margaritis, ANSES (French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety), FR
- Anita Laser Reuterswärd, National Food Administration, SE
- William Lay, COFACE (Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union), BE/EU
- Ludger Fischer, UEAPME (European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises), BE/EU
- Rodrigo Gouveia, Euro Coop (European Community of Consumer Cooperatives), BE/EU
- Karen Tonks, Tesco Stores Ltd, UK
- Observer: Helen Lee, European Commission DG SANCO (Health & Consumers), BE/EU